Sunday 17 October 2021

On The Hunt For Halloween Chapter 14 - A Gourd Day Out ๐ŸŽƒ

 


Hi guys as promised/threatened here's a rundown of our day at Tulley's Pumpkin Farm. As I mentioned in my Halloween's Past blog last year Hilary, Lydia and I went pumpkin picking and enjoyed it so much that we bought Luke and Barry along for the ride this year!

Before we headed to the farm we went to our favourite cafe in Haywards Heath Orange Square to set ourselves up for a strenuous day ahead ....


When we arrived at Tulley's it was pumpkins galore and they had the most adorable display in the entrance. 

  




There were so many great displays that we took the opportunity to pose in front of.


Hilary at the entrance


Luke, Hilary & Me

Me, Lydia, Luke & Barry


Luke, Hilary, Lydia & Barry



We found the world's teeniest and cutest pumpkin!


Barry took good care of it


The fields were full of pumpkins of all shapes and sizes.

 


 

Everyone set to work making their selections!


Lydia braving the mud


Luke concentrating

It got a bit drizzly but thankfully it didn't rain hard

Hilary did very well pushing her first ever wheelbarrow


Our haul

After all our hard work picking we nipped to the merch stand and then headed for some refreshments. 

I got a hoodie with cute skeletons on

 


Cheers!


I couldn't decide between an Espresso Martini or a Pink Gin Fizz so I went for both ๐Ÿ˜‡ (Also please note my appropriate necklace and top)
 
I no longer needed a nap after the Martini!


Luke & me with our gin fizzes

Hilary & Me

Lydia double parked but still guarding her pumpkins


We finished up the day with a drink in the lovely outdoor heated area at The Star in Haywards Heath. 


Dad's promised to help me carve some pumpkins (adult supervision is probably the best idea to avoid me losing my fingers ๐Ÿ˜‚) so I was able to bring pumpkins home for the first time ever!

I got a large one, a medium one and two little ones for display
 
It also meant I had to buy this carving kit from Waitrose - I shall report back on our success ........


I also got this ghost light and pumpkin lights in M&S today


I had the best time on our day out and I can't wait to go again next year ๐Ÿ’“

Love Jen
XxxX

Ps Get well soon Jamie!




No comments:

Post a Comment

2023 In Music

  Hi guys it's that time of the year! I'm going to waffle away again about the music that I've loved this year ๐ŸŽผ. I've been...