Wednesday 13 October 2021

On The Hunt For Halloween Chapter 12 - Spooky Fun From Halloweens Past .......

 

I love spending Halloween with my friends

Hi guys ahead of my first Halloween activity of the year (pumpkin picking on Saturday) I thought it might be fun to revisit the 'ghosts of Halloween's past' and share some of my favourite Halloween memories. 

Believe it or not, I didn't go to my first Halloween party until I went to a work friend's in 2007.

Gem (left) and I still like to do Halloween things to this day (especially visiting Halloween displays!)


The first Halloween party that I had a hand in hosting was 2008 when my ex and I threw a party. 

Chris and I used an entire bottle of red nail polish on his costume inspired by Shaun Of The Dead

It looked pretty effective!


Cringey late 00s goth pose - I did love that corset though *nostalgic sigh*


Nat and me

Luke and me

Lydia, Nat & Alli


In 2009 we were in Wetherspoons.

Lydia and me 

Not my most exciting look


2010 featured hats, bats, cupcakes and blue contact lenses


In 2014 Luke, Barry and I went to our first 'Fright Night' when we went to Blackstock Farm. 

Luke and I don't look too convinced .....


Luke and Barry also held a fantastic party that year!

I used my 'split personality' as inspiration for my costume. 



The boys are the best pumpkin carvers!



Eyeball punch anyone?


L-R Lydia, Hilary, Luke & Barry



I'm not sure anyone will ever forgive Barry for his 'mystery boxes' ...






We did it again in 2015 -

My make-up routine



I went as a 1920s 'Day Of The Dead' Flapper


Luke and me

Hilary and me


Barry and me

2016 was the year I FINALLY hosted my own Halloween party!


My hobby of Halloween cross-stitch was born!


I went for a Steampunkish look



Helen and me



Vana, Chris & me

Outfit of the night had to go to Amanda with her costume inspired by The Purge successfully creeping everyone out with her mask. 


Amanda, Helen and me


L-R Amanda, Barry, Luke, Me, Vana & Chris


L-R Amanda, Barry, Luke, Helen, Vana & Chris


2017 saw me taking Halloween into the office with a Wednesday Addams dress and hair. Most importantly it marked the debut of Dad's super-effective t-shirt ghost decorations. 

 


How awesome do the ghosts look?


The leftover shirts got used for Halloween tops


A tea break whilst doing my make-up



Helen and I


Helen believes in the Great Pumpkin and so should you!



Halloween family - Helen, Vana, Me, Mum and Chris


In 2018 Luke, Barry and I upped our fright night game with a trip to Tulley's Farm's Shocktober Fest which was utterly epic. 


L-R Matt, Barry, Luke, Me, Daisy & Laura

Luke & Barry awaiting the 'Circus Of Horrors'



2019 it was back round to mine!

Corney wearing his ghost costume.



Everyone needs a Halloween Hound



One of the ghost shirts



The stairs always lend themselves well to drapes and skeleton lights



Helen & Amanda (no scary mask thankfully)



L-R Barry, Luke, Helen, Jamie, Hilary & Amanda



L-R Me, Barry, Luke, Jamie & Hilary


2020, as we all know, was a crazy year which restricted so many things including Halloween festivities. But most importantly I went to my first ever pumpkin patch with Lydia and Hilary at Poynings Pumpkin Patch


Naturally we started off with breakfast, pumpkin picking is a strenuous activity!



Pancakes, tea and a cocktail - what's not to like?


The countryside near Poynings is absolutely beautiful and I'd never seen so many pumpkins in my life! 


 

 

 




There's something familiar about this pumpkin ....



Making their selections



Polka dots and pumpkins





I love this photo


Our haul


I managed to have a small Halloween gathering with Helen & Amanda with all the decorations up. 




Covidween

Some decoration spam -

It's the ghost shirts again!

 


My Halloween Cross-Stitches

 





  


Table Decorations

     

  

  



Every year I turn the hallway into a spooky graveyard -


  


A game of 'reach the witch hat' ... my short arse was never going to win .....


  


Halloween Cocktail



Amanda, Helen & me 'in the graveyard'
Selfie time!


I'm really excited to be hosting a proper Halloween party this year with loads of decorations naturally and this Saturday we're heading to Tulley's Farm for pumpkin picking so I shall report back with plenty of photos!

Love Jen
XxxX

No comments:

Post a Comment

2023 In Music

  Hi guys it's that time of the year! I'm going to waffle away again about the music that I've loved this year 🎼. I've been...