Thursday 28 November 2013

Up In The O2 - 30 Seconds To Mars take over the O2 Arena!

What to say about Saturday's concert? Well let's try AWESOME!

It was the 16th time I've seen Mars since 2007 , you may think that it would get a little samey but honestly it wasn't! Each show is unique and has different special moments.


Modelling my fascinator pre-show

Me and Helen had Golden Tickets which meant that prior to the show we got to meet the band and have a question and answer session with them, Helen did cause me to have near hysterics during the Q&A when upon Jared describing the funeral pyres at Varanasi in India lit from a single flame that has burned for 5000 years, she whispered "I bet he blew it out" queue lots of sniggering at the back of the room. 

Me with the Mars boys!

Getting the camera warmed up
Helen relaxing pre-show
You Me At Six were the support act, I'd not seen them before and they were really good!

After the support act it was time for us to go up on the side of the stage. Just wow! If you ever get the chance to go side of stage at the O2 arena for any band then grab it with both hands! They view is stunning and you really get a "band's eye" view. 

Just y'know hanging out side of stage, no biggie

The show itself was fantastic. I was so proud that this band I've been a fan of since way back in 2007, have been privileged enough to see in some beautiful venues around the world had sold out the O2 arena. The seats were all filled and the standing area was packed. I won't gush on about how fantastic they were, instead I'll let the pictures speak for themselves













Me & Helen post gig

The next day we went and visited Regent & Oxford Street's Christmas displays and lights. 
Regent Street
Eros in a snowglobe
St Christopher's Place

Oxford Street

Award for the best shop window goes to Selfridges for their Gingerbread City



It was a really fantastic weekend and I was so so lucky to see my favourite band with my best friend in the world, thanks Helen.

Love Jen
XxxxX

2 comments:

  1. Wow, Golden Tickets! Side of STAGE!! Bet they cost you a freakin' fortune!! (bet it was worth every penny! ;-) Charlotte x

    ReplyDelete
  2. They were about £450 each which yes is a lot but is truly, truly worth it - it's such a cool, different perspective on the show and if you're a bit crowd nervous like me (never used to be - another fun, new thing for me!) it's far less squeezed.

    I've seen Golden Tickets for Monty Python advertised and they offer a meet n greet for £500 and all you get is that! No photos, merch pack, signings, priority entry etc like you do for Mars - crazy huh?

    ReplyDelete

2023 In Music

  Hi guys it's that time of the year! I'm going to waffle away again about the music that I've loved this year 🎼. I've been...