Sunday 17 November 2013

That Was The Week That Was

Sorry for the blog drought this week, I've been concentrating on trying to get as many Christmas pressure and decorations as possible! I've made some stockings that I'm planning on filling with sweeties and treats.

Cute huh? 
I also made this 30STM headband ready for the O2 show!

I've been really excited this week as both Mind & The Blurt Foundation have been kind enough to publish some of my blogs. The reaction I've had on Twitter and Facebook has been really positive, thank you all so much. It's hard to describe how good it feel knowing I've connected with other people who have been through similar experiences.

This week I saw my GP to discuss how i've been getting on with my medication. The Lamotringe seems to be having a positive effect, it's definitely taken the 'manic' edge off of my mood and is helping my anxiety. I am still struggling with some down days so my GP has upped my dose to 100mg.

I've been seeing my Psychologist again, it's been tough going as we're tackling my anxieties, the fact that I can't eat pasta bake or sit in the 'bad' spot in the garden in case something bad happen to Helen or my family. My Psych also wants me to sign a contract with her that for the duration of our sessions I won't self-harm. That's going to be a tough ask as there are many different reasons why I cut myself, when I'm stressed, angry, punishing myself for something i've said or done wrong, I also self-harm as a way of protecting my loved ones from bad things happening to them, I see it as taking on the harm rather than it catching them.

On a far happier note today I celebrated my beautiful Estelle & Esme's 5th birthday party with the help of their Auntie Helen and Auntie Kay. The girls were of course spoilt rotten with toys and treats (including a mirror for Estelle - the world's vainest bunny!), of course there were hoomin treats too ;)

Here's a few photos -





Love Jen
XxxxxX



No comments:

Post a Comment

2023 In Music

  Hi guys it's that time of the year! I'm going to waffle away again about the music that I've loved this year 🎼. I've been...