Sunday 30 March 2014

A Grand Day Out

Yesterday me & Helen went on our long-awaited trip to London and what a beautiful day it was! Spring was definitely in the air and the city was bathed in warm sunshine. Perfect for walking around sightseeing!

We started off the day in Green Park -



Of course I got a blossom photo in ... did you really have to ask?



We were lucky enough to see the horse guards in procession 

At Buckingham Palace gate hoping the queen will let us in for cheese on toast (see my previous blog)
We also made sure to visit the RAF Bomber Command Memorial. Whilst I have an obvious interest in all things aviation I also wanted to visit to show respect for those who gave their lives for our country who are often a little overlooked in favour of the Battle Of Britain heroes. 

Lest We Forget


 

We walked back along to Piccadilly Circus  in search of lunch and found Planet Hollywood. We hadn't been in there before, and whilst my heart will always belong to the Hard Rock Cafe, it is well worth a visit. The food was lovely, service was great and there was loads of cool film memorabilia including Han Solo's carbon cast from Star Wars, John Travolta's T-Birds jacket from Grease and an entire section decided to 007 
memorabilia.

Me in Planet Hollywood
 To work off our lunch we decided to walk around St James' Park which is my favorite park because of it's lake, flowers, bird life and friendly squirrels!

Pelicans!


I loved this cheeky chappie

The sunlight made a rainbow in the fountain

How gorgeous are the flowers?



 

We walked back along The Mall to Trafalgar Square 

 

We went to an exhibition at The National Gallery of paintings by Veronese which were stunning, thanks to Helen's influence I really love Renaissance art, it's so beautiful. I'm always stunned when I look at paintings from any era be it Renaissance, Baroque, Pre-Raphelite at how vivid the colours still are after 100s of years. Looking at a painting in a book or on the internet really doesn't do it justice until you see it for real!

I love the hustle & bustle of Trafalgar Square

Can you get a more 'London' photo?

Darth Vadar was evidently enjoying his day in London! 

Still not quite sure why there is a blue chicken in the square ...
After the exhibition we took a wander along to Regent Street to visit Liberty and then had a wander through Carnaby Street where I felt I was exceedingly restrained at not buying anything in the Irregular Choice shop!

Liberty is such a beautiful building

The inside is just as good!


I love the decorations in Carnaby Street

It was a fantastic day out, although I must admit my feet are no longer speaking to me!

Love Jen
XxxX







  




No comments:

Post a Comment

2023 In Music

  Hi guys it's that time of the year! I'm going to waffle away again about the music that I've loved this year 🎼. I've been...