Friday 11 April 2014

Exciting Times!

I'm fully into the party planning swing now, which for everyone around me means such exciting conversation as "what fabric should I use to make the prize bag for the raffle?"  sory about that guys! It also means that finding a cork board from which to hang jewellery is the MOST IMPORTANT THING IN THE WORLD EVER. It always happens when I've planning things like this, It's one of the few things that brings out the perfectionist in me, I want every little detail to be perfect and for the event to be unique and memorable.
 
I actually really love planning parties and events, making party favours (it's true dedication when you've filled your bedroom with 30 odd union jack flags with sweeties stuck to them that you're giving out as favours for your 25th birthday party), drawing invitations, making decorations I love it. The danger is that I get overwhelmed by all the details and the To Do Lists (you know I love a good list!) and have a minor freak out on the morning of the party. Luckily I have my esteemed work colleague Sophie who is helping me out by organising the quiz questions, if anyone else is able to help by making cakes or little snacks for the tea party that would be brilliant (obviously I won't be looking for donations from you if you've made something).
 
I had an e-mail from Rethink who will be sending me some postcards and information leaftlets for me to put out so that people know where the money we raise is going. I think the important thing will be to strike a balance between guests knowing what we're raising money for but not feeling that they have to sit and discuss mental health at great length as, let's face it, it's still a difficult subject.
 
The party is made more special in that this time last year I could never have entertained the idea of putting myself out there to raise cash or even hold an event with  more than about 4 people in attendance! It's a celebration of how well I'm doing *insert self-congratulatory pat on the back* but also a thank you to the people who have helped me get to this stage when frankly I never thought I'd be able to do this ever again.
 
Of course I am happy to receive all suggestions on where I may source a cork board …….
 
Love Jen
XxxX

No comments:

Post a Comment

2023 In Music

  Hi guys it's that time of the year! I'm going to waffle away again about the music that I've loved this year 🎼. I've been...