Tuesday 20 December 2022

2022 In Music

 


Hi everyone it's 5 days before Christmas so what better time to celebrate the best music that 2022 had to offer (you can read my 2021 blog here and I'll list previous year's blogs at the end of this one). This year I finally managed to get back to some gigs, fell in love with some film soundtracks and found some new artists to listen to. So without further ado here is 2022 in music.


Yungblud - Yungblud

I'll start off with my first gig since 2019 and also my favourite album of the year which is Yungblud's self titled album. He released the lead single The Funeral back in March and I loved it (it's my joint favourite song of the year) ahead of the album that came out in September. As expected it covers issues very relevant to us at the moment from mental health I Cry 2, gender identity The Boy In The Black Dress and some songs that are pure joy such as Tissues. He's also released a couple of stand alone songs such as The Emperor and I'm A Mess with Avril Lavigne. 

I saw him supported by Nova Twins in March and he was absolutely fantastic and well worth the wait to finally see him. I have tickets for his Wembley and Brighton shows next year so make sure you check back in!





Nova Twins - Supernova


This album is an absolute cracker. Full of fire, energy and guitars. My favourite tracks on the album are KMB and Cleopatra. I saw them live in March when they supported Yungblud and was blown away. I have tickets to their Brighton gig next year and can't wait to see them again. 



Encanto Soundtrack


My final nomination for the album of the year is Disney's Encanto soundtrack. I loved the film it was so colourful, fun and surprisingly emotional plus a hilarious Capybara - what more could you ask for? The 'big' song that's come off of the soundtrack is everyone's favourite earworm We Don't Talk About  Bruno but my favourite songs were actually Surface Pressure and the joyful Columbia, Mi Encanto.



My joint favourite song of the year with Yungblud's Funeral was Lady GaGa's Hold My Hand from the Top Gun: Maverick soundtrack (you can see where we're going here ...) When I found out that my favourite singer was going to be on the soundtrack to the sequel of my favourite movie I was so excited and the song didn't disappoint. It's a classic power ballad with a GaGa twist and fits the film perfectly. I saw the film 4 times at the cinema and multiple times since at home and I genuinely think the song (as well as the film being amazing) contributed to this. And yes I am tempted to write a blog purely about how amazing the film was .....

In July Luke and I finally went to the long awaited Chromatica Ball (my blog of the day is here) and predictably she was amazing!





And yes she finished with Hold My Hand as the encore complete with monster hand *paws up*



The other gig that I went to this year was The Killers in June with Vana. As with the Chromatica Ball it was postponed from 2020. It was such a fun show, they featured the best songs from 2020's Imploding The Mirage and of course other favourites such as All These Things That I've DoneShot At The Night and of course Mr Brightside





These are my favourite songs of the year -

Machine Gun Kelly ft Willow - Emo Girl

Mod Sun - Rich Kids Ruin everything

Gayle - ABCDEFU

George Ezra - Green Green Grass

Royal Blood - Honeybrains 

Mehro - Chance With You

Bring Me The Horizon ft Sigrid - Bad Life

Motionless In White - Cyberhex

Taylor Swift - Antihero & Bejeweled


I hope you guys enjoyed my review of 2022, I'm excited to see what 2023's music brings us!

Love Jen

XxxX

PS Here are my previous music review blogs -

2021 In Music

2020 In Music

2019 In Music

2018 In Music

2017 In Music

2016 In Music

No comments:

Post a Comment

2023 In Music

  Hi guys it's that time of the year! I'm going to waffle away again about the music that I've loved this year 🎼. I've been...