Monday 1 August 2022

Going GaGa!

 


On Friday after two years of waiting Luke, Corney and I finally went to Lady GaGa's Chromatica Ball! The show in support of her 2020 Chromatica album had been delayed by two years due to covid and it felt all the more celebratory due to the delay. 

Chromatica pink hair and make-up by GaGa's Haus Labs
 
GaGa top and an unflattering yet fun skirt (#FuckFlattering though)

And an Eos cameo

As is tradition Luke and I had a journey gin on the train. 

The show was at the Tottenham Hotspur Stadium (I entertained myself thinking of all Liverpool's recent victories over them) so we found a nearby pub The Beehive with a really nice outside area to have some drinks and Halloumi Fries. 

Corney had to be snuck in as he's only 11 šŸ˜

I discovered a new love of vodka slushies ......

 

Paws up!

Soon it was time to head to the stadium and it hit me that it was actually happening, we were seeing GaGa!!!


We were pretty high up -




Which gave us an excellent view of the Mexican Wave šŸ˜‚


The set and costumed were based on the mid-century Brutalist Architecture movement.


The opening song was Bad Romance

The setlist was as follows -

Bad Romance

Just Dance

Poker Face

Alice 

Replay

Monster

911

Sour Candy

Telephone

LoveGame

Babylon

Free Woman

Born This Way

Shallow

Always Remember Us This Way

1000 Doves

Fun Tonight

Enigma

Stupid Love

Rain On Me

Hold My Hand

First half of the show (photos by Luke)

Sour Candy -



Telephone -


Halfway through the set (during Babylon) GaGa moved through the crowd to a smaller stage in the middle to give those of us further back and higher up a better view. 


I was finally able to hear GaGa's anthem of positivity, equally and self-love Born This Way and it was quite emotional for me as it's a song I turn to on my bad days to cheer me up. 


For 'Shallow', 'Always Remember Us This Way' and '1000 Doves' she showed off her piano skills and amazing live voice. 



The party started up again for 'Fun Tonight' and 'Enigma'



I was overjoyed that the encore song was Hold My Hand from Top Gun:Maverick as I adore the film (I may have seen it 4 times .... so far ...) and the song fits it perfectly.



I can't put into words how amazing the show was and how much fun I had. I really hope she comes back to see us Little Monsters again soon. 

PAWS UP

Love Jen

XxxX



No comments:

Post a Comment

2023 In Music

  Hi guys it's that time of the year! I'm going to waffle away again about the music that I've loved this year šŸŽ¼. I've been...