Sunday 16 October 2022

Duxford Flying Finale 2022 Review

 


Last weekend Dad and I went to our final airshow of a very busy 2022 airshow season at Duxford. This is the second of their 'Flying Finales' (see last year's review) and once again was blessed with beautiful (if a little chilly) Autumn weather. 

When we arrived we went into one of the (many) museum hangers to see the newest arrival a Victor Bomber -

It's too big to fit in one photo frame ๐Ÿ˜‚





I couldn't not visit my favourite either, the Tornado

There was a good selection of aircraft on the line-up, plenty of warbirds (this being Duxford after all!), some aerobatics and jets. What better way to start off an airshow at a WW2 RAF airfield than with a Spitfire and Hurricane. 

Hurricane


Spitfire

Duxford's resident Catalina 'Miss Pick-Me-Up' displayed. 



We had the thunderous Ultimate Fighter's Mustang & Thunderbolt (no pun intended) joined by the Sea Fury.

Mustang

Thunderbolt

Sea Fury

We were sat at the end of the runway which gave us a great view of aircraft as they came into land as you can see from this photo of the Sea Fury. 


One of the highlights of the show was the Swiss national team the Patrouille Suisse who fly F5 Tigers (aka the 'MIG 28s' in Top Gun - queue plenty of quotes from me). I'd seen them once before, the first time we went to RIAT in 2017, and they were just as fantastic as I remembered. 



F5's are a lovely looking aircraft





This was the best photo I got of them


After the Suisse it was back to the warbirds with some American examples; a Warhawk, Corsair and Wildcat. 

Warhawk

Corsair



Wildcat




Then it was time for some more Spitfires!





As with last year the Flying Finale coincided with the Typhoon's final show of the year, and what a show it was!




I absolutely adore the paintwork on 'Blackjack' and it glowed perfectly in the late afternoon sunshine ๐Ÿ’“





It was an absolutely fantastic day once again, I really like the 'late' season shows especially as they delay the post-season blues. You can see some more highlights in my video below. 



I'll be putting together a 'Best of 2022' season review blog in a few weeks where I'll highlight all my favourite moments from what's been a brilliant year in Geeking. 

Hope to see you then.

Love Jen

XxxX

No comments:

Post a Comment

2023 In Music

  Hi guys it's that time of the year! I'm going to waffle away again about the music that I've loved this year ๐ŸŽผ. I've been...