Monday 15 May 2017

A Very Important Date

I really must make the effort to write more blogs. I used to be able to churn them out as regular as clockwork and write intelligently about all sorts of subjects, at the moment there doesn’t seem to be much inspiration about. I think 2/3 years ago I still felt a lot more intelligent and so felt I could comment on various subjects. Helen has been on Dementia Awareness courses over the last 5 months (she’s been nominated to be the Dementia champion on her ward, I’m so proud of her!) and they recently covered people having Mild Cognitive Impairment and she realised that I actually ticked a lot of the boxes. It’s obviously nowhere near as serious as dementia but it did confirm my long-running suspicions that my illness has made me stupider and clumsier.


 At the moment I’m trying to distract myself from my downward spiral by putting my energy into organising my 30th birthday party. Whilst the thought of turning 30 still makes me want to curl up and morn my wasted 20s I feel that if it has to happen I may as well take the opportunity to throw a party. As many of you know I adore party planning, it’s getting into the teeny details that I like. From trawling the internet for the perfect paper plates to sourcing the perfect jar for my memory project (I leave the jar with a stack of pretty notecards for people to write their favourite memories of things we’ve done together, experienced, laughed at etc). I’m enjoying stocking up on bits for the party bags (I love party bags, I just love giving people gifts) and I’ve been able to get creative making thank you cards and bits for the bags.


 In another life I’dve been a great party planner, my speciality is making lists and complicated, colour coded spreadsheets of tasks to be completed and their priority – invitations were a red but the photo board is a yellow – you get the idea! I love details, ideas for decorations, things to make the event different and memorable – I’ve invested in photo props for the all-important selfies!


 In my great tradition of merging themes for parties (my crowning, pun intended, moment was my “Kings & Queens of Bad Romance” party for my 23rd birthday combining 30 Seconds To Mars and Lady GaGa. I’ve also thrown Pirate, Festival, Cool Britannia and Mad Tea Party – well BBQ themed events as well as my charity bash for Rethink back in 2014) I’m going with Plane Geekery and Alice In Wonderland – catchily titled Flying Through The Looking Glass. It’s given loads of scope for decorations and party favours – Pilot hats for the selfies, giant playing cards for the tables and even an inflatable 747 (go look it up non-geeks).


 I’ve started early this time too, other times I’ve found myself rushing and actually not enjoyed the party at all – especially the Rethink one. So this time I’ve taking it easy and moving at a leisurely pace. And of course all the planning is taking my mind off Stelly which is always good as I think she’s at the point of poking my eye out if I give her one more concerned prod.


Gotta fly



Love Jen


XxxX


No comments:

Post a Comment

2023 In Music

  Hi guys it's that time of the year! I'm going to waffle away again about the music that I've loved this year 🎼. I've been...