Saturday 7 March 2015

Springing Into Life

Hi everyone, feeling pretty energized today (shocker) I think it's a combination of a sunny few days, new job and one of my 'high' moods (my mood is still at the "yay everything's awesome" stage that I get before it goes into "aaaagh can't sleep, everything is scary, hyper brain" mode).

I guess I better start with the new job. I started on Thursday and as I mentioned in my previous blog it's kinda like temping work (it's posh official title is Temporary Workforce Services) so for the two days I've been working on the Trauma & Orthopedics (T&O) reception. I don't think I've made any howling mistakes yet (I'm so paranoid now after the old job), it's basically booking people in, making follow up appointments, making sure the lists for the clinics are printed out etc.

I'm rota-d to be on the T&O desk all next week (aside from Weds when I'm on the main reception, which I'm hoping is fairly similar) and being left on my own Friday afternoon. So hopefully I'll pick up everything I need to before then else it could be pretty interesting! I'm hoping that I'll get the opportunity to do some of the other clinic-clerking jobs too, prepping notes for clinics etc as I want to be on my feet as much as possible (got to justify the *work Dr Martens* boots I bought somehow!).

I can't quite get used to having an hour's lunch, it'll be ok on the days I'm on the same lunch slot as Helen as we can witter away on WhatsApp but on days when I'm *on my own* it'll be strange. I'm so used to squeezing in eating of lunch, running to Asda etc into half an hour I was bored after 15 minutes on Friday! On sunny days I plan to walk round Hampden Park which is next to the hospital and hopefully catch a glimpse of the Albino Squirrel that is rumoured to have taken up residence. But on cold or wet days I'll be bored stiff if I don't remember my Kindle.

Spring has sprung here over the last week, on Monday I went to visit their Royal Highnesses Grandma & Grandad and the crocuses and other flowers in their garden looked gorgeous.







I killed time in my lunch hour yesterday by wandering around the hospital grounds admiring the flowers. 

Daffodils next to my 'lunch bench' 
Loads of blossom about too!
There is also a Blackbird that apparently tries to get into the T&O reception window pretty much every morning so I shall try to get a snap of him if I can. I love Blackbirds, I think their song is lovelier than any other birds'. In the summer evenings I love sitting in our garden at sunset listening to the pair that we have singing to each other. 

Spring has also sprung in the bunny kingdom too, Estelle and Esme have been waiting in their run each morning at half 6 when I go out to them. 

Being careful not to acknowledge me until breakfast is served
Today's been beautiful, so lovely in fact that I walked into town which only took about 50 minutes even at my slow waddle! The girls have also had their first play in the grass run. It seemed to go down pretty well if bunny satisfaction is judged in shooting round the run at about 60mph (Esme) or jumping and spinning on the spot (Estelle). I even managed a quick snooze in the sun (obviously) there is something I really love about waking up outside in the fresh air. 

My girls are not spoilt, all bunnies have a fort made for them by their Grandad's right?


As I type I'm looking out of my window, which is propped open to let in the fresh air that I love. 



And do you know what, at this second in time everything feels good. Forget about 5 minutes time or tomorrow or the week after, I'm focused on this second and feeling happy. 

That's what it's all about really isn't it?

Love Jen
XxxX




No comments:

Post a Comment

2023 In Music

  Hi guys it's that time of the year! I'm going to waffle away again about the music that I've loved this year 🎼. I've been...