Tuesday 10 March 2015

6 Simple Things

After Saturday's blog where I reflected on the coming of spring and the positive feeling it always gives me.

I was thinking about what else perks me up,  whilst there are the obvious things like music, chocolate and a good G&T here I'm going to list things that I technically have no control over. I can always grab a CD or my ipod to put on a favourite song, chocolate is just a shop or vending machine away and Gin lives in the kitchen cupboard. These are the things that aren't immediately obvious but really do make a difference.

1. When I've actually managed to catch Estelle and/or Esme for a cuddle and we're sat on the chair in the garden, snuggling my face into their fur and smelling their bunny smell - I'm sure they love me really.

2. Being in the garden at dawn/dusk when all the birds are starting to sing their morning or evening songs.

3. During the summer watching the Housemartins and Swifts wheeling through the sky. When they start to arrive it means summer will be along soon too.

4. The particular deep blue that the sky goes in the summer, I've not seen it that exact colour any other time of the year.

5. Unexpected post, whether it's a card from Helen to make me laugh or mail from as far away as America, Canada or Gosport!

6. Sunrises and sunsets, whatever the time of year, if there isn't too much cloud cover you're guaranteed a lovely sunset or sunrise. At that moment everything feels ok in the world no matter what else is going on.

Love Jen
XxxX

No comments:

Post a Comment

2023 In Music

  Hi guys it's that time of the year! I'm going to waffle away again about the music that I've loved this year 🎼. I've been...