Wednesday 19 November 2014

Nothing Bad Ever Happens At Tiffanys

I'd done pretty well so far at disregarding the myth that you should never meet your hero's, I've met 30 Seconds To Mars a few times and got up close and personal with a Spitfire and been on Concorde.

One of my slightly more materialistic dreams has always been to own a piece from Tiffanys. Whilst there are many other beautiful jewellers in the world such as Cartier, Harry Winston etc Tiffanys has always stood out to me as pure elegance, cemented in the Audrey Hepburn classic Breakfast At Tiffanys. When I finally get to New York I have an entire day planned around that film.

I was talking to a friend the other day about relationships and such and jokingly said "I would never get married unless the deal was sealed with copious amounts of Tiffany". I got to thinking later that evening, why should I in theory wait for someone else to treat me? Why should someone else decide that I'm worthy of pretty jewellery?

I made the decision there and then that it was down to me to provide for myself, why rely on someone else to make me happy. Now I'm not saying that money and jewellery make you happy, I of all people will confirm that. But occasional little extravagances brighten the day and most importantly make me smile.

Just call me Audrey.

Love Jen
XxxX

No comments:

Post a Comment

2023 In Music

  Hi guys it's that time of the year! I'm going to waffle away again about the music that I've loved this year 🎼. I've been...