Tuesday 18 November 2014

A Very Fine Vintage

A week or so ago I saw a post on Vintage Life Magazine's Instagram asking for readers to send in photos of their favorite vintage items.

Now you all know how much I love vintage clothing and jewellery so I thought I'd send them my pick of my vintage lovelies.



This is a gem I found on Ebay. It's a handmade dress from the 60s, the seller didn't have much information about who it belonged to except to say that it was custom made. It's incredibly comfortable and looks really cool when I team it with my bright red Dr Martens. I often wonder about who had it before me and hope she had as much fun wearing it as I do!




This belongs to my Grandma but is on permanent loan to me. My Grandad bought it for her in the 70s (I also own it's matching necklace and earrings). I adore it's old-world glamour and it's one of the most feminine items in my jewellery box. I keep it pinned to my beret and whenever I put it on it reminds me of my Grandma and how much fun we have together. 


This bracelet is my Mum's and is another item I have on permanent loan (there is a pattern forming here!). The charms have been bought from her from all over the world wherever her parents went on holiday or from trips she went on. I love that it has so many memories hanging from it and one day I hope to visit all the places that the charms came from. 


 I found this whilst rifling round a flea market in Brighton looking for vintage jewellery. These pins were produced during the Second World War to raise money to build Spitfires. I love holding a genuine piece of history in my hands and that it's an object that in it's own small way helped contribute to victory.



These pearls belonged to my late Grandmother, my Uncle bought them for her when he was working in Saudi Arabia in the 80s. I love that they have travelled across the world and were bought specially for her. My Grandma was always very stylish (I get my love of shoes from her) and when I wear them I feel  glamorous!

A big thank you to Helen too for very patiently photographing me and not rolling her eyes too much when I complained about how fat I looked! Although of course a slick of red lipstick covers all sins!

Love Jen

XxxxX





No comments:

Post a Comment

2023 In Music

  Hi guys it's that time of the year! I'm going to waffle away again about the music that I've loved this year 🎼. I've been...