Tuesday 20 September 2022

France 2022 - The Journey



Hi guys I've just come back from a very sunny 3 weeks in the South Of France with Mum, Dad and Eos so I wanted to share some fun memories with you guys. I asked on my Instagram and Facebook which you guys would prefer, one long blog, a split blog or some shorter blogs and those won out. So in this blog I'm going to be describing our stops on the way to and on the way home from Port Grimud. 

Eos is ready to go!

On the ferry

The sunset from the boat

The first thing I noticed as we made our way down was that Autumn already seemed to be arriving in the northern and middle areas of France. There were a lot of colours out already. 





We stopped at La Charite-Sur-Loire on the way down and on the way back as it makes a perfect half way point on the journey. La Charite is a medieval town and the campsite is actually on an island in the middle of the Loire River. 

Dad trying to deal with world's biggest road map

Eos settling in

On the trip down we arrived at the site mid-afternoon so Mum and I had the chance to wander across the bridge to the town so I could snap some photos. 

Looking towards the town from the bridge.




The view from one side of the bridge

And the other

On the bridge


The town was beautiful with tiny little streets and a church. 





The fort looked shocked at this angle 😂

The streets were so tiny -





The church -




This was the view looking back across the bridge towards the campsite -



Once it had cooled down in the early evening we took Eos for a walk to the riverbank.




The next day we climbed into the mountains -






Dad and Eos enjoying a rest stop

The Landrover and caravan

We spent our second night up in the mountains at Saint Maximin La Sainte Baume

The campsite was in the trees

It was really clear and perfect for stargazing, we even saw some shooting stars!

We woke up to a misty morning.




Our next stop was our campsite in Port Grimud which I'll cover in my next blog!

As I mentioned La-Charite is an ideal stop halfway up France so we stopped there on the way home too. We were treated to a beautiful sunset that lit up the town.



The weather was completely different and Autumn had most definitely arrived. We woke up to a beautiful, chilly misty morning. 






Eos decided to wrap up

We arrived at Dieppe for our return ferry and were greeted by the kite's from the town's famous Kite Festival.






I'll be back with a couple more blogs about the holiday so watch this space!

Love Jen
XxxX

No comments:

Post a Comment

2023 In Music

  Hi guys it's that time of the year! I'm going to waffle away again about the music that I've loved this year 🎼. I've been...