Tuesday 20 September 2022

France 2022 - Trips And Adventures

 


Hello and welcome to my second France blog! In this one I thought I'd tell you about some of the places I visited whilst in Port Grimud. There are some really lovely places that are only a short drive or boat ride away from the campsite so we made the most of that. 

One of the places we visited was up in the hills behind Port Grimud was Ramatuelle. It was nice and shady in the trees and offered some great views of the surrounding areas and bays further along the coast. 




These are the Porquerolles Islands where Dad used to dive




A picnic in the trees


Not everyone was as fussed about the view ....

Another place in the mountains we visited was the home of some of my parent's friends Chris and Gill who live in Grimud which was kind of above our campsite. Their house was lovely and most importantly had a bar and swimming pool! 


Gin by the pool what's not to love?

Eos had a hilarious moment when she chased a ball thrown by Chris and dived straight into the swimming pool and only realised what she'd done as she hit the water. She suddenly learned that she could swim as she was mid-pool ๐Ÿ˜‚ she spent the rest of the afternoon at the shallow end of the pool. 




Another trip we had was to another beach along the coast L'Escalet which is absolutely beautiful. 








Corney joined me at the beach because later on we went on a mini shopping to St Tropez . You all know how much he loves shopping and clothing so with the chance to spend the afternoon in a posh, stylish place made his little, slightly snobby, heart sing. 

I'm not sure he thought my black dress and straw hat was all that stylish ....

The main reason I want to go across was to visit their branch of Sephora. Sephora is a cosmetics store that they seem to have in every country except the UK. I went to my first store when Helen and I were in Rome back in 2011 and I also went to their one in Lille the same year. You all know how much I love make-up, I figure no matter how fat I am it'll always fit! I also think that make-up is something universally open to everyone no matter your style, gender identity, cultural background etc and I love experimenting (see my blog Painting A Picture from last year). 

This Sephora store was a lot smaller than the two I'd been to before (the Rome one especially was HUGE) but I still came away with a couple of bits. I got one of their own brand mascaras which is brilliant and a dark red lipstick which will be perfect for my more 'casual goth' days. My favourite buy however was finding a small bottle of Thierry Mugler's 'Alien' which is my favourite ever perfume. It's normally really expensive in the UK so getting a little bottle for the equivalent of £20 was brilliant, plus the bottle reminded me of one of Lady Gaga's Monster Claws!



All the times I've been to St Tropez before have been on market day (Tuesday) when it's super busy. So it made a nice change to go on a quiet day where I had the time a space to enjoy the harbour and pretty buildings. 








I went back across to Port Grimud using the Ferry which gives you the chance to look across the bay. 



One of the things that Mum and I always like in the South Of France are the markets. We don't often buy that much but it's just nice seeing the produce and it's always a great opportunity for an ice cream! 

I got these pretty bracelets from a couple of the markets

We went to St Maxime for it's market. St Maxime is about 10 minutes along the coast from the campsite (in fact we drove through it on the way to and from the site). It was a successful trip and Mum found a nice dress to wear for her birthday dinner. 

It looks lovely on her



A much needed rest from the heat 

Port Grimud has it's market on Sundays and Thursdays and I went to a couple of them. We even managed to drag Eos and Dad to one ๐Ÿ˜‚



This fish design is everywhere across the town and on it's crockery.


The town itself is really pretty to walk around no matter what's going on. 







The waterways around the town are inspired by those in Venice



Port Grimud has a small tower that you can spend a Euro to climb which gives gorgeous views of the town. 












The view towards St Tropez (with the obligatory huge cruise ship)

Our campsite is the other side of the boat mast and rooftops

I hope you guys have enjoyed reading about some of the days out that we had whilst we were in Port Grimud. I'll have a blog about the campsite and a guest blog from Mum soon!

Love Jen
XxxX

No comments:

Post a Comment

2023 In Music

  Hi guys it's that time of the year! I'm going to waffle away again about the music that I've loved this year ๐ŸŽผ. I've been...