Friday 19 November 2021

31 Day Song Challenge - A Song That Reminds You Of Summer ☀


Summer is my favourite season so naturally I have an entire playlist on my iPod dedicated to songs for the sunshine. It features songs like 'Summer Of 69' by Bryan Adams (duh), 'California Dreamin' by The Mamas And Papas but also songs that aren't explicitly about summer but that remind me of summers past. This includes tracks such as 'Closer To The Edge' by 30 Seconds To Mars, 'Alejandro' by Lady GaGa, 'California King Bed' by Rihanna, 'She Will Be Loved' by Maroon 5. Alternatively I could name one of the cheesier summer holiday songs from my childhood like 'Mambo Number 5' by Lou Bega or maybe a bit of Ricky Martin 'Livin La Vida Loca'.


Thankfully though I'm going for my ultimate summer song Don Henley - Boys Of Summer. Yes it's an utter clichΓ© but from the moment I hear the opening guitar note I can feel the sunshine and yearn for blue skies and longer days. It latches onto everyone's nostalgia for summers gone by and hangs onto every last bit of warmth well into the winter. There's also a fantastic cover of the track by The Ataris and even a dance cover I like by DJ Sammy which gets extra points for the horrific early 00s hair featured in the video πŸ˜‚. 

Say no more πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

Love Jen
XxxX

No comments:

Post a Comment

2023 In Music

  Hi guys it's that time of the year! I'm going to waffle away again about the music that I've loved this year 🎼. I've been...