Monday 29 November 2021

31 Day Song Challenge - A song that makes you want to dance


Whilst I try not to shake my (considerable) shelf in public too often so as not to traumatise innocent people there are definitely some songs that make me want to move.

One song I like to listen to when I'm getting ready to go out is Lady GaGa 'Dance In The Dark' as it puts me in an upbeat mood and also reminds me of dancing with the rest of the Little Monsters when the Monster Ball arrived at London's O2 Arena.

The song I've gone for is from a band who are one of the best live acts I've seen for whipping up a crowd and raising the roof. That band is The Prodigy and the song I've chosen is 'Breathe'.

Dance music isn't my favourite genre as I find a lot of it repetitive or it murders classic songs that I adore (see Jonas Blue ruining Tracy Chapman's 'Fast Car') but The Prodigy are a different beast. I think I like their music because it's heavy and some songs feel almost punky which matched the lead singer Keith's (RIP 😞) aesthetic - lots of cool hair, studs and a leather jacket. When I saw them the crowd were so into it and determined to have a good time and the band fed off their energy. It's not often I want to let loose and throw myself around in public but, for better or worse, The Prodigy always make me feel tempted 😂. 

Love Jen
XxxX

No comments:

Post a Comment

2023 In Music

  Hi guys it's that time of the year! I'm going to waffle away again about the music that I've loved this year 🎼. I've been...