Friday 2 May 2014

week of fabulous friends



Hi everyone, firstly I'd like to say thank you so much for everyone's support following my previous blog post. I wasn't sure whether to write it at the time but I have promised to show all aspects of my mental health and all it's ups and downs on here. 

This week has been far better thank god! It started with a Mexican themed party at my friend's Luke & Barry's last Saturday.

It was a brilliant night, I was introduced to my first ever fishbowl cocktail (well OK saucepan cocktail since the fish bowl had disappeared) and also to refried beans yum! Seeing as a few short months ago I would never have been able to enjoy an evening like that I went home on a big high! 

Some piccies- 
L-r James, Luke, Lydia, Me, Patch, Barry & Hilary


L-r me, James, Luke, Hilary & Lydia


I took the opportunity to make myself a sugar skull headband

Who knew a rakish moustache would suit me so well?
The next day in a shockingly un-hungover state I visited my Grandma and Grandad with Chris and Vana and managed to take this cute bee photo in their garden.


Me and Helen had Monday and Tuesday off and had a brilliant couple of days. Monday saw us with extreme property envy when we visited Gem's new place. It's a converted barn in Wilmington and is overlooked by an old priory, some stables and a church. The back garden looks right out over some of the best Sussex countryside that we have. In a word it's just gorgeous! 

The barn and the priory

We went for a walk down to the church and saw the oldest Yew tree in the country.


Just the view from Gem's back door, nothing special ......

Did I mention the spectacular sunsets?

Helen with Ellie 

Gem, Helen & that countryside I mentioned 
Gem is also working on her first series of young adult fiction and it's brilliant if I saw so myself! Find her on Facebook
https://m.facebook.com/gemmahumphreyauthor?fref=ts&_rdr with links to her Wattpad and website.

On Tuesday I was the victim of a sneaky plot by two of my best friends. I was taken to Brighton by Helen under the pretence of a visit to the Sealife Centre but who should we bump into at the station but Kay! I'all admit I went straight to pieces with the surprise and soaked Kay's jacket shoulder (sorry about that!). We had a wonderful day walking around as well as stopping for the traditional rainbow cake!

In Wagamma with the sneakiest friends in the world!

Ttomorrow is my fundraising event for Rethink and I'm finally ready, the bunting is drawn and final bags and bits of jewellery made! 






 

I'm going to sign off by saying thank you so much to all my friends who've rallied around this week and cheered me up this week. It means the world. 

Love Jen
XxxX
















No comments:

Post a Comment

2023 In Music

  Hi guys it's that time of the year! I'm going to waffle away again about the music that I've loved this year 🎼. I've been...