Thursday 17 October 2013

Comedown Alley

This tablet comedown is horrendous, i'm not going to lie. Despite taking the Venlafaxine for only 3 weeks it's really gotten it's claws into me. This is the second day in a row that i've been sent home from work because i'm too dizzy and my eyes can't focus on anything. The nausea is pretty gross too. 

Now my frazzled mind is wondering if I should bother going on the new meds since i'm bound to have to come off them at some point and go through this hell again. It's not even the symptoms it's the fact that because of this comedown my mental health has now interfered with my work and i'm furious. 

I want to know why my mind is so weak that it can't cope with experiences that other people can and who cope with far worse situations. Why can other people cope with horrendous life situations and my brain implodes after 5 years of bullying and subsequent experiences.

Why am I programmed to be weak and fall apart rather than get on with it and be strong like so many other people I respect and admire? Why can't I find the inner strength to turn around to my brain and tell it & it's stupid chemicals to fuck off? 

Why can't I just be normal?

2 comments:

  1. Hi ya Jen, Sorry to hear of your troubles, it must be so frustrating. Sorry if this sounds really silly but have you tried therapy/counselling or herbal remedies to help with your depression and anxiety? Charlotte xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Charlotte thanks for taking the time to comment on the post. I've tried lots of different medications and therapies over the years. At the moment I'm seeing a Psychologist to see if that helps. I have good days and bad days (like yesterday lol).

    Take care

    XxxxX

    ReplyDelete

2023 In Music

  Hi guys it's that time of the year! I'm going to waffle away again about the music that I've loved this year 🎼. I've been...