Wednesday 9 October 2013

Beware Of The Lesser Spotted Bun-Polar Bear!

The plot thickens ….

Today I spoke to my GP as I wanted to ask about whether I needed to carry on my Anti-Depressants with my new prescription ofLamotrigine and I wanted to ask him whether I was now 'officially' Bipolar.

Well it turns out although I've been prescribed a Bipolar drug it doesn't mean I'm 'officially'Bipolar as a Psychiatrist needs to actually see me to make the diagnosis. I'm actually ok with that as I really don't want to repeat thehorrendous experience of before with the Psychiatrist. I'm happy enough (so to speak) knowing that it's probably Bipolar and leaving it at that. This of course gives me the opportunity to come up with lots of weird and wonderful names and terms for my 'condition' such as 'Lesser Spotted Bi-Polar Bear', 'UBP' (Unofficially Bi-Polar) or (the most appropriate I feel) 'Bun-polar'.

The Lamotrigine has to be taken at night as one of the side effects may be excessive sleepiness, with my habit of falling asleep in meetings at work that could be pretty interesting! I have to come off the Venlafaxine that I'm currently taking which I'm not looking forward to as I always get pretty nasty side effects, even not taking it today has given me a headache and dizziness. The GP has said if the Lamotriginedoesn't work then there is another mood stabiliser that we can try and if that doesn't work either then it's off to the Psychiatrist (eek!).

In the meantime this Lesser Spotted Bunpolar Bear is off for a cup of tea.

Love Jen

XxxxX


No comments:

Post a Comment

2023 In Music

  Hi guys it's that time of the year! I'm going to waffle away again about the music that I've loved this year 🎼. I've been...