Monday 30 August 2021

On The Hunt For Halloween Part 1 - TK Maxx and Hobbycraft

Hi guys I thought I'd try something a bit new and do a series of Halloween Décor Hunting blogs. For the last couple of years I've documented everything I've seen on my Instagram but since my social media break (I've been back on Facebook but have everything unfollowed and turned off so all I see are my family and friends posts) the thought of going back onto Twitter and Instagram (unless it's posting airshow pictures of course) makes me feel nauseous. So I thought some blogs would be fun. 

This year, like the last few years, I've been obsessively watching YouTube vlogs of (mostly) American creators documenting their trips to various stores that have been stocking Halloween items since the summer (so jealous, my ideal would be Halloween in the height of summer - my favourite season combined with my favourite holiday). Some of my favourites are Jade The Libra (super cool and gothy) and Midge Munster (really cool vintage vibes). I've popped a couple of their videos below -





I also think it's incredibly unfair that the UK don't have any Spirit Halloween stores (see below again). 



I've managed to visit a couple of shops with their Halloween stuff out - TK Maxx , The Range and Hobbycraft. I'd pre-ordered a couple of bits on the TK Maxx website (lucky I had as they're no longer on the website) and when I went to collect them made the mistake of looking at the rest of the Halloween items that had come into store. 



The black and gold potion bottles were my click and collect, not included with my click and collect were the two cushions, pumpkin scented reed diffuser, pumpkin stack, decorative mini pumpkins or the black skull pumpkin ..... In my defence with TK Maxx stores they each stock very different things and a limited quantity so you really do need to grab it whilst you can. 

Last week my Halloween partner-in-crime Gem and I went and visited Hobbycraft to see what their stuff was like and I picked up a few bits -



I wasn't originally going to get this skeleton fairy but as we walked past it randomly fell on the floor so I felt a clumsiness affinity with it 😂


These pumpkins are so squishy! Although I'll have to buy another blue one as Helen has claimed it for post-Halloween. 


I got these pretty bottles.


And these stickers to go on these and other bottles that I might find. 


Gem and I also popped to TK Maxx as it would have been rude not to and I got this lovely pumpkin filled with pumpkin-scented Potpourri.




I'm also giving the Snag Tights Halloween range a try as I'm heard loads of good things about them as a company, they also go up to super fattie size like me! I've ordered the witch and oh my gourd sets to try. 

 


This week Mum and I are going to head over to Brighton to visit Homesense which is normally the best place for unusual Halloween bits but they never list them on the website so it's always a nice surprise to see what they have. I've seen a couple of videos of the insides of a couple of shops but not the Brighton one.


I still don't get this year's obsession with Halloween gnomes but I do like the haunted houses.


I'll keep you all updated on how we get on (how much my bank account cries) and post some photos asap. 

Love Jen
XxxX

Ps Halloween Gnomes yay or nay?


No comments:

Post a Comment

2023 In Music

  Hi guys it's that time of the year! I'm going to waffle away again about the music that I've loved this year 🎼. I've been...