Sunday 22 August 2021

I Feel The Need For (The Goodwood Festival Of) Speed

Back in July (I'm the worst for Blogging at the moment sorry) Chris, Vana and I went to the Goodwood Festival Of Speed. For Chris' upcoming 30th birthday we always said we'd go to an F1 race but unfortunately the price and possibility of crowd cancellation we thought we'd give the Festival Of Speed (another event we also had on the 'to go to' list) a visit, and I'm so glad we did! It was such a fun day and we actually got to see more than we would have at an F1 race. 


Obligatory "We've arrived!" selfie




First pit stop of the day


Our attention  was immediately caught by the revving up of the rally cars. I can't pretend I know much about rallying but the cars sounded cool 😂.



I know that this is a Subaru!





The cars ran in different 'Batches' twice a day which was great as it meant we had the opportunity to see everything. The next batch we saw were some historic F1 and NASCAR cars. 

 

  

 
  
 


Goodwood House itself is beautiful

I was also really excited as the Red Arrows were displaying and it was the first time I'd seen them in two years!!


Yay! 


New for the display this year was the 'NHS Pass' as the RAF's way of thanking the amazing NHS staff and their work and sacrifice through the pandemic. It was fantastic to hear the cheers and applause from the crowd too. 


I love how close they get 💓


Chris caught me photographing the Reds with my new Red Arrows tattoo on show 😂

You can see my video of the Red Arrows display here -




Before the next batches we had a look around and the cars on static display. 


Not quite sure I can afford this for your birthday Chris!



A lot of the F1 teams had this season's cars on display in their garages (they also had the Mercedes and Red Bull merch stands next to each other - spicy!)



Aston Martin - no Inspector Seb sadly. 


Red Bull 


Ferrari 


Whilst we were at the Ferrari garage they revved up one of the engines and it sounded awesome!



Mercedes



Williams had some of their championship winning cars on display. 


McLaren - sadly no Lando or Danny Ric. 


We then went to another vantage point to watch the F1 cars and a couple of bikes run again.

 

 


Bruno Senna driving his uncle Aryton Senna's McLaren


Jenson Button driving Keke Rosberg's 1982 Championship Winning Williams



Chris watching Jenson!


 


We think this is Mark Webber's Red Bull (driven by Alex Albon - give him his seat back!)


Esteban Guttierez in the Mercedes


He also pulled some donuts



And last but not least the F1 Safety Car!


You can check out my video highlights of the day here- 



We had an absolutely fantastic day and I really hope we can go back next year.

Love Jen
XxxX


No comments:

Post a Comment

2023 In Music

  Hi guys it's that time of the year! I'm going to waffle away again about the music that I've loved this year 🎼. I've been...