Friday 5 October 2018

Room Refurb Episode 3: Stipped

Morning all, time for the latest room update.

Whilst Helen and I were away in Stratford-Upon-Avon last week (blog about that coming soon!) Dad very kindly moved the last bits out of my room, stripped off all the wallpaper and painted 3 of the walls a dark grey. As you can imagine it’s been a hell of a shock to the system, bare walls and just the TV for company! My bed has moved too so that it now faces the TV rather than being against the wall in the corner of the room (giving me even more of an excuse for binges of Stranger Things and Queer Eye, cheers Netflix!).

I’m aware that I’m about to sound like a really ungrateful cow, and I really don’t mean to be, but it’s horribly unsettling. I’m struggling to sleep at the moment as it just doesn’t feel like my room, my sanctuary from the outside world. It’s seriously getting me down and stressing me, I miss my wall of photos and my signed 30STM poster (and yes I know this sounds like the whining of a 16 year old). There’s still so much to do; a wall to paint black and white, a cabinet to white spirit to take off old stickers on it and then paint, a door and skirting boards to re-paint, furniture to assemble, blinds to find and put up, a new carpet to lay and so much more. I’m trying to take the advice of Gem and Helen and think of the bigger picture and search for little things to decorate the room with (they’ve even kindly made a Pinterest board full of goth decoration ideas). It’s just so hard to do when the space you’re in is making my mental health suffer.

Again I know how ungrateful and selfish I sound when so many people are going out of their way to help me, I really do but at the moment I’m regretting ever starting the project.

Love Jen

XxxX


No comments:

Post a Comment

2023 In Music

  Hi guys it's that time of the year! I'm going to waffle away again about the music that I've loved this year 🎼. I've been...