Friday 21 September 2018

Room Refurb Episode 2: Trashed

After last week’s very excited blog post about my plans for decorating my room this week’s update comes with far less positivity.

I think last week I was overwhelmed with excitement and eager to get going then and there and all my ideas about how things will look with all the pretty Halloween decorations I’m be making or buying. On Saturday Gem and Helen very kindly joined me for a planning summit to work out how we’re going to undertake the task. We got some big boxes bought ready to pack things into and I made a start that evening.

I never realised how horrible and unsettling packing everything would be, it’s going to be a monumental task, my room looks trashed and for once through no fault of my own! My en suite is completely filled with boxes already and I haven’t even started moving clothes or my prized CD collection yet.

I think the problem is that I’ve come to an impasse as we won’t be pulling any wallpaper off or painting until late October so I can’t even move anything or empty any wardrobes yet, hence the trashed looking room. Downstairs bathroom is also filled with boxes from my shiny, new Ikea furniture adding further to the chaos!

I think partly the problem, as Helen pointed out, is that I’m peeling away the last of my childhood and teenage years. It’s oddly hard to let go.

Next week Helen & I are off to Stratford for a few days which’ll be a nice change of scenery and hopefully a bit of brain space for me too.

Plus I’ve hear rumour of a Harry Potter-esque shopping alley, I’m sure a few room decorations might find their way back to Eastbourne …

Love Jen

XxxX

No comments:

Post a Comment

2023 In Music

  Hi guys it's that time of the year! I'm going to waffle away again about the music that I've loved this year 🎼. I've been...