Wednesday 24 October 2018

Room Refurb Episode 5: Getting My Stripes On!



Last week was the week that the stripes went on!!!



Gem (Interior Design Extraordinaire) was here to put her expertise to the matter of turning my wall into Beetlejuice's Trousers!

Dude's a style icon what can I say?

First off was the task of painstakingly masking taping the lines for the stripes. Thank god that Gem and Dad were on that one, my severe lack of hand/eye co-ordination would have resulted in a wonky, zebra-like effect (great on safari or the 80s not so great in my room!). Also as proved the next day in my attempt to paint the skirting boards I cannot masking tape to save my life!

Gem's far more of a natural than me!
Whilst Gem taped up the wall I hit the cabinet with a scraper and white spirit to try and get the  stickers off. After about 5 attempts and my room left smelling like nail polish remover for a full 48 hours the damn things are off apart from a few small paper bits that can be painted over at some point. I must however commend the Thomas & Friends comic of the early 90s for the excellent longevity of their stickers! Thomas, James, Gordon & Co hung on until the bitter end!

And then for the paint!


The first brush!
The look of concentration/terror at getting it wrong!
Two down, only 9 to go.....
The result of a day's hard work!
So now the room has stripes and newly painted cherry red skirting boards!

How good does it look?

Today Dad and I went to get the carpet ready to be laid tomorrow or Friday and then I'll be ready to move my shiny new furniture in ❤💀

Obviously anyone who would like to lend a hand with furniture assembly do feel free to RSVP to the normal address ....... *tumbleweed** 

Love Jen
XxxX

No comments:

Post a Comment

2023 In Music

  Hi guys it's that time of the year! I'm going to waffle away again about the music that I've loved this year 🎼. I've been...