Monday 14 September 2015

Tea And (Birthday) Cake!

Last Friday was my best friend Helen's birthday. Since she is such an amazing person and puts up with me the other 364 days of the year I decided that we should stretch her birthday over as many days as possible. This basically amounted to drinking as much tea in as many locations as possible!

We started off with a visit to 'the palace' aka my Grandparents house on Wednesday. I love going there as it's my second home where I spent just as much time growing up as I did at my actual home! I love that they get on so well with Helen, we're all one family and it makes me really happy.

On Thursday we took advantage of the sunny weather with a picnic in Gilderidge Park. We were posh and bought supplies from Waitrose and settled on a bench in the sun.

Helen reclining whilst guarding the lunch
Lunchtime!
I can also confirm that Waitrose do the best cupcakes in the world!


Lemon Ice-Cream Cupcake!
Tea at the cafe


I also took the opportunity to snap some photos of the park. 

Hello fishy
Possibly the hairiest caterpillar I've ever seen!
Not the most convincing angelic pose .........
Spiderweb catching the light
The Autumn colours were also starting to come out -



The strangest thing happened later that afternoon when we were back at home. Kay nicknamed Helen 'Ladybird' sometime ago and I have a ladybird tattoo reflecting that too. Helen happened to look down at her bag and lo and behold .....

A special guest!


Friday was Helen's actual birthday and we started off with a picnic in the garden with the bunnies!

The girls giving Helen a present
Picnicking in the garden
The girls in er party spirit
I'd decorated the house in honour of Helen's special day combining her love of Steampunk and her favorite book The Night Circus 

Felt Cogs
Artworks

  




More felt cogs
 


Bunting





Trapeze Girls
 


Cross-Stitch
Chris and Vana joined us for a Chinese take-away and the funniest evening we've had in a long time, involving giant spiders, hair dressing tips - unfortunately the "what happens at the birthday party, stays at the birthday party" prevents me from divulging more.

Saturday saw us heading excitedly to Eastbourne's Steampunk Festival on the seafront. There were stalls selling steampunk jewellery, clothing and accessories. I'm hoping it'll get bigger over the next few years as it's so nice to have something a bit different going on here. 

Getting some funny looks on the bus on the way to meet Helen!

In my Steampunk outfit

To continue with our tea adventures we had tea and cake in the Wish Tower Cafe, I definitely recommend it, the lemon cake I had was so light and yummy!


A garden in her honour!

Saturday was topped off by a surprise visit from the Vulcan! See my blog A Most Unexpected Visit.

Helen with my Grandparents awaiting the Vulcan
I really hope Helen enjoyed her birthday(s) as much as I did. Now to start planning her suprises for next year .....................

Thanks for being you Helen.

Love Jen
XxxX


























No comments:

Post a Comment

2023 In Music

  Hi guys it's that time of the year! I'm going to waffle away again about the music that I've loved this year 🎼. I've been...