Monday 21 July 2014

"I'm Going To Break High & Right ... See If He's Really Alone"

 Today's blog is a bit of a mish mash of different bits and bobs I've been up to. As you all know I've submitted my piece for the Blurt Campaign's Project X. In order for them to be able to publish it, it can't have been posted/published anywhere else - hence why it's not popped up on here. It means ya'll have to purchase the E-book when it comes out later this year!

It's been a pretty fun month so far, I've been getting crafty with my Sketchers http://stitchesbeadsrocknroll.blogspot.co.uk/2014/07/in-those-shoes-i-think-so.html , taking lots of photos and enjoyed some days out in the sunshine!

A belated 4th July party at mine, L-R Lydia, Barry, Jame, Hilary, Me & Luke
I've been making the most of the lovely, hot weather that we're having and going for walks in the evening with my camera. Here's a couple of snaps I've captured. 


Eastbourne Seafront

Eastbourne Seafront

Pevensey Castle
I spent the day with Kay a couple of weeks ago, we were really lucky with a hot, sunny day!

Jen in "on a boat and not looking green" shocker
Snuggles with Button Boo
And Bikki Boo!
A visit to the Solent Spitfire Museum, Kay was lucky enough not to catch geekitis from me!
I spotted HMS Dauntless from the Gosport Ferry, she's the Navy's partly stealth destroyer!
I don't know if any of you guys have been watching Channel 4's This Old Thing ? The basic premise is that Dawn O'Porter trys to convince 2 vintage clothing-phobes into wearing a vintage piece or outfit. It's my favourite programme on TV at the moment, I adore vintage clothing and own a few pieces myself. 

My 70s dress meets some Ancient Greece in the British Museum

It's also a big tea fan!

At work we've been told we have to smarten up so I've used it as an excuse to trawl the internet for lovely vintage pieces. Being a chunky monkey makes finding genuine vintage pieces very difficult as people weren't generally as big as I am back in the day. Whilst I love Collectif & Lindy Bops' gorgeous reproduction vintage, it's not quite the same as owning something you know has some history to it. Which is why I was over the moon to find this 60s dress on Ebay -

Obviously the dazed look on my face is down to the awesomeness of my dress!
On Friday it was FINALLY Farnborough Airshow, I've been super-excited about it since we booked the tickets months and months ago. Each airshow I go to is special in a different way - Airbourne is exciting because it's happening in my back garden, Shoreham is brilliant for 'aaah-ing' at Warbirds. Farnborough is the place to see modern and future aviation at it's best. It was also the first time I'd used my SLR camera with it's zoom lense at an airshow and I'm so so so happy with the photos I got. They look almost *whispers* professional. 

Here's a few of them -


Unfortunately there wasn't a flying example of the F35 Joint Strike Fighter but it was pretty cool to see this mock-up on the ground
Taking a selfie with the A380

And here it is in action

A400M Transport Plane
Eurofighter Typhoon in it's D Day Commemorative Markings
And again
Harrier (I miss these so much!)
The Mighty Red Arrows line up




The beautiful Grace Spitfire
Vulcan XH558
I must also mention the crazy weather on Friday evening, it was practically pitch-black at 8pm and the storm that blew up had more lightening than I've ever seen in my life! Absolutely crazy!

This Saturday I'm off to London with Mum and Helen. We're going to the National Gallery's Making Colour exhibition (I'm secretly hoping we'll get to throw paint at each other but somehow I doubt it!) which should be really interesting as apparently there are a lot of different 'colour-themed' rooms. Lots of pictures will obviously follow!

Love Jen
XxxX








  







No comments:

Post a Comment

2023 In Music

  Hi guys it's that time of the year! I'm going to waffle away again about the music that I've loved this year 🎼. I've been...