Wednesday 1 January 2014

Fave Things Of 2013 - Yes It's An Excuse For Me To Make Lists.....

Anyone who knows me will know I love making lists! There's something oddly satisfying about them. So without further ado here are my lists of 2013! 

*insert appropriate fanfare music*

First of all my favourite subject best music of the year -

1. 30 Seconds To Mars - Do Or Die ( I love this song, it's got great positive lyrics, a fun "wooooah" sing along chorus, who doesn't love a good "woah"? And I love the video especially as there's footage from two of the shows I went to it.....you can all stop rolling your eyes now!)

2. Robin Thicke & Co - Blurred Lines (I hated it the first time I heard it but then it became ridiculously catchy and now I love it, even if the video does scare me a bit)

3. 30 Seconds To Mars - Up In The Air ( I can't sit still to this song, it's totally different to anything they've done before but it works, plus the video features Dita Von Teese and a giant wall of polka dots - what's not to like?)

4. Fallout Boy - The Phoenix (I've always been a big Fallout Boy fan and this song further proves that Patrick Stump has one of the best voices in modern rock)

5. The Ghost Inside - Engine 45 ( I discovered these guys at Download and they were awesome live, fantastic energy and brilliant crowd interaction) 

6. Taylor Swift - I Knew You Were Trouble (guilty pleasure 'nuff said)

7. 30 Seconds To Mars - Conquistador (There's nothing like bouncing through a crowd of 30,000 odd people to this song


Favourite Films -

1. Rush - I was excited about this when I first heard it was being made and it didn't disappoint!

2. The Great Gatsby - where to start? The clothes! The make-up! The glamour! One of my favourite books bought to life by one of my favourite directors.

3. Despicable Me 2 - a really good sequel, altogether now "lipstick taserrrrrrr"

4. Now You See Me - I really enjoyed this, clever plot and a great twist at the end.

5. Thor 2 - Loki is a legend!


Books-

Ok before any of you cry foul these are just my favourite books I've discovered this year and due to being a scatter brain I can't remember half the authors..... I blame the tablets......

1. The number one spot of favourite books I've read in any year will obviously  always be occupied by Gatsby and Alice's Adventures In Wonderland

2. Z - A Novel Of Zelda Fitzgerald - continuing with my 1920s obsession this book told Zelda's story as a novel and worked really well.

3. The Help - Based on a true story of a middle class white girl in the 1950s segregated south who interviewed black servants who "weren't good enough to use the same toilet as white folks but were good enough to bring up their children" 

4. The Shambling Guide To New York City - really funny book about the supernatural subculture of NYC, I can't wait for the follow-up set in New Orleans. 


Whilst I could go on indulging my love of lists all night I will spare you all! I'd love to hear your own favourite music/books/films of the year. Leave a comment below or tweet me @JenRaeFrances

Love Jen
XxxxX

No comments:

Post a Comment

2023 In Music

  Hi guys it's that time of the year! I'm going to waffle away again about the music that I've loved this year 🎼. I've been...