Tuesday 31 December 2019

2010s In Music

The 2010s in gigs!
 Line 1 L-R 30 Seconds To Mars Wembley Feb 2010, Royal Blood Bexhill Aug 2019, Lady GaGa O2 Arena Feb 2010.
Line 2 L-R Green Day O2 Arena Feb 2017, Deap Vally Concorde 2 Oct 2016, Kaiser Chiefs Brighton Feb 2017.
Line 3 L-R The Pretty Reckless Brixton Nov 2014, 30 Seconds To Mars Niagara Falls Feb 2011, The Who O2 Area April 2015.
 

All my lovely readers know how much I love an 'end-of-year' music countdown so imagine my delight at the opportunity to write a blog about 10 whole years of music! (You can find my recent end of year music blogs here 201620172018 and 2019.).

The 2010s have had some massive highs and deep lows but one constant through the decade has been some truly great music. I won't go in to depth on all my picks as no-one has that much time on their hands! Click on the song titles to check the videos out on YouTube.

First up, in no particular order, we have my favourite albums of the 2010s -

Lady GaGa - Born This Way


Best songs - Born This WayEdge Of Glory and Hair


30 Seconds To Mars - Love, Lust, Faith and Dreams


Best songs - Do Or Die , End Of All Days and Northern Lights


30 Seconds To Mars - America


Best songs - Walk On WaterDangerous NightRescue Me and Hail To The Victor


Elle King - Love Stuff


Best songs - Exes & OhsLast Damn Night and Under The Influence


Green Day - Revolution Radio


Best songs - Still BreathingBang BangSomewhere Now and Youngblood


Taylor Swift - 1989


Best songs - Bad BloodWildest Dreams and Blank Space (also possibly the most hilarious video of the decade)


Royal Blood - Royal Blood


Best songs - Out Of The BlackTen Tonne Skeleton and Little Monster


Deap Vally - Sistronix


Best songs - Baby I Call HellBad For My Body and End Of The World


Deap Vally - Femejism


Best songs - GonnawannaTurn It Off and Royal Jelly


The Greatest Showman OST


Best songs - This Is MeA Million Dreams and Tightrope


George Ezra - Staying At Tamara's


Best songs - ShotgunParadise and Pretty Shining People


And now (in no particular order) for some of my favourite songs of the decade!

Bring Me The Horizon - Mother Tongue
Pink - Just Give Me A Reason
Pink - Fucking Perfect
Lana Del Rey - Born To Die
Lana Del Rey - Young And Beautiful
Lady GaGa - Swine
Lady GaGa - Alejandro
Lady GaGa & Beyonce - Telephone
Lady GaGa & Bradley Cooper -Shallow
The Pretty Reckless - Make Me Wanna Die
The Pretty Reckless - Miss Nothing
The Pretty Reckless - House On A Hill
The Killers - The Man
The Killers - Shot At The Night
Brandon Flowers  - Crossfire
Jay Z & Kanye West - No Church In The Wild
My Chemical Romance - Na Na Na Na
The Prodigy - The Day Is My Enemy
Indina Menzel - Let It Go
Billie Eilish - Bellyache
George Ezra - Blame It On Me
Arctic Monkeys - Do I Wanna Know
The Black Keys - Lonely Boy
Marina & The Diamonds - Hollywood
Eminem ft Rihanna - Monster
Adele - Hello
Grace - You Don't Own Me
Beyonce - Formation
Alt J - Dissolve Me
30 Seconds To Mars - Closer To The Edge
30 Seconds To Mars - Hurricane

These are just a small selection of the amazing music that I've loved over the last decade. I'd love to know what music has rocked your world in the last 10 years or new music you're looking forward to. Drop me a comment on my Twitter or Facebook.

Love Jen
XxxX
Lady GaGa - Telephone
Taylor Swift - Lover
The Killers - The Man

No comments:

Post a Comment

2023 In Music

  Hi guys it's that time of the year! I'm going to waffle away again about the music that I've loved this year 🎼. I've been...