Thursday 25 January 2018

Sweet Dreams (Aren't) Made Of This

They say that dreams reveal a lot about what’s on our mind, either the brain sorting through the day’s events or revealing more deep-seated thoughts and emotions. I’m someone who’s lucky/unlucky enough (depending on how you look at it) to remember 90% of my dreams and can even recall dreams from years ago.

The last week or so all I seem to have are horrible dreams culminating in me either waking up crying or in a sweat (yeah sorry about that). The dreams carry over into my mood for the rest of the day and leaving me quite low if I’m honest.

Last night’s was a particularly lovely example. I dreamt that I had hung out with a friend and this guy and later on he rang me asking me to go to the prom. In the conversation I didn’t believe him and asked if it was a joke (like a school when boys used to ask me out and then laugh in my face if I said yes). Then said “Why do you like me? I’m fat” followed by “Boys don’t like me”. I don’t know how it turned out as I was woken up by my phone alarm blasting ‘Walk On Water’ (thank god for 30STM!).

It’s no mystery where that dream came from, I’ve never received any positive male attention ever (I did all the pursuing with my ex) and although I’ve lost a few kilos I am still very fat.

Not looking forward to going to sleep again.

Love Jen

XxxX


No comments:

Post a Comment

2023 In Music

  Hi guys it's that time of the year! I'm going to waffle away again about the music that I've loved this year 🎼. I've been...