Tuesday 10 September 2013

Happy Birthday Helen

I wanted to write a special blog to mark Helen's birthday tomorrow to tell you all what an amazing person she is. 

 The birthday girl with her minion cake on Sunday

I met Helen on Facebook through a mutual friend (in fact we took over a photo of hers chatting, some things never change .....). Since we both lived in Eastbourne we decided to meet for tea one Sunday afternoon and my life changed for the better from that point. 

 Tea changes your life I tell you!

My first impression of Helen was that she was really cool, fun and 'got' my sense of humour. Helen's first impression of me was a little less rosy as I managed to stand on her foot ........

Helen has been an amazing friend to me, actually she's more than my friend she's my big sister who I adore. She's stuck by me through thick and thin, encouraged me with all my crafting ventures  and picked me up when I couldn't lift myself. 

So to celebrate the birthday of the beautiful, amazing, inspirational lady who I am proud to call my friend here are some of my favourite photos of us. 

 Helen with the girls, she has in fact appeared to have been given 'honoury bun status' by them and has even been offered the food bowl by Estelle. 

Our Feb 2011 holiday to Niagara Falls, it was the coldest I've ever been - hence the funky knitwear! We came away with so many fun memories from power walking grannies to me sliding several meters on my backside in a carpark after gracefully slipping on some ice.


Our next trip was a little warmer .... we went to Rome in June 2011. Here we are at the Trevvi Fountain about to go hunting for some Nutella ice cream!







 Here we are at Lille's Christmas market in Nov 2011. We had a lovely time being very French and eating our body weight in croissants, discovering 'The Hippo' restaurant and me discovering Ceylon Tea - yum!



 Helen getting her princess on outside Harrods Dec 2012

 With our friend Emma at Helen's Mad Hatter's Tea Party last year.

 Beret Nice! ............. Sorry ...........

 Getting into the theme of my Cool Britannia 25th Birthday party last year

 Hiding from the rain in Piccadilly Circus .... sadly I was unaware that I was sitting in chewing gum

 With our lovely friend Kay in Brighton earlier this year


 Playing the "How many people can we squeeze in a photo?" game with my brother Chris and his fiancee Vana

We like spending time in London, here are some photos from our trip in May -
 In the Cath Kidston shop - sooooo many pretty things!

 It's an empty lift in Covent Garden station! Shocking!
 Out for dinner in Chinatown  
 Helen grabbing her dessert post-Chinese in M&M World,  a must-visit on any of our London trips!


 My 26th Birthday - another Mad Hatter's Tea Party

 August 2013

 I love this photo from a friend's birthday a couple of weeks ago.

So all that's left to say is Happy Birthday to the best friend anyone could ever wish for.

Lots of love
Jen
XXXXX





                                 










No comments:

Post a Comment

2023 In Music

  Hi guys it's that time of the year! I'm going to waffle away again about the music that I've loved this year 🎼. I've been...