Sunday 5 June 2022

Three Fantastic Days - Turning 35 In The Best Way Possible!

 


Hi everyone I've spent the last few days transitioning from 34 to 35 in the best possible way. This year my birthday coincided with the Queen's Platinum Jubilee celebrations which gave it an extra special feel. 


On Thursday Corney and I headed up to London to watch Trooping The Colour.



Matching my top to my face mask

 When we arrived in London I had planned to walk down to The Mall from Piccadilly Circus but it was so packed I decided to stay put at Waterloo Place whilst Corney kept up a commentary of what he could see. 


It was so good to see flags everywhere


I was way too far away to see or hear the marching but I just didn't fancy being crushed, I knew that from our spot I'd still be able to see a little of the flypast which was the part I wanted to see the most. It turned out that the planes flew right over the top of where I was which was absolutely fantastic. It was a brilliant atmosphere with smiling, flags, laughter and the breaking out of the national anthem when rumour reached us that the Queen had appeared on the balcony of Buckingham Palace. There were loads of different aircraft from all 3 services taking part in the flypast, here are some of my photos -

Royal Navy Wildcat and Merlins

Army Wildcat and Apaches

RAF Puma and Chinooks

Battle Of Britain Memorial Flight Lancaster, Spitfires and Hurricanes


A400M and Globemaster


Voyager with Lightnings and Typhoons


Hawks


The amazing '70' Typhoon formation


The Red Arrows wrapping it up

This is my video from the day, unfortunately missing the Texans, Phenoms and Hercules parts of the flypast as I'd gotten over-excited and forgotten to press 'record' ...



After the flypast had finished I walked back up through Leicester Square and through Chinatown. 

The lanterns looked great

Since I hadn't bought myself a birthday present yet I thought it was only right to go to Treadwells Bookshop. It was my first visit and I was spoilt for choice with their great range of Witchcraft and history books. 

My final stop of the day was the British Museum which looked beautiful in the sunshine. 


The reason for my visit was to go to the exhibition Feminine Power: The Divine To The Demonic which was fascinating. There were so many interesting pieces from the last few thousand years. My favourite pieces were the statues of Lilith, Isis and Hekate. 

Lilith


Hekate


Isis

The next day was my 35th birthday 🎈 and we started off with a doggy play date for Eos and Norman. My brother got these adorable videos.




We had a Jubilee BBQ and the garden was decked out in Union Jacks and bunting. 




Jubilee cake!



Cuddles with Norman

Vana and me


Gin time!


Amanda, Helen, Me and Vana

Dad, Jerry and Chris

Helen, Norman and me


Sue, Me, Helen, Amanda, Vana and Mum in the bar


The next day Vana and I went up to London to see The Killers. We made a day of it so that we could go to a few different places including the Japan Centre we also went to Chinatown. 






Ice Cream!

We went for lunch at Shoryu for Ramen and Dirty Lychee cocktails. 

Yum

After lunch we went to Camden for a walk around the market and for Vana to stock up on some anime merch. Then it was back to Soho for drinks at The Lost Alpaca I adore their 'Kamikaze' cocktail and the whole vibe of the place was chilled out. 











After our refreshments it was time to go to the concert! The gig was held at the Emirates Stadium which is where Arsenal play, I comforted myself by reminding myself of Liverpool's recent wins against them. 


As you can see we were right up at the top of the stand.

Sam Fender was the support act and we saw most of his set, I'd definitely like to see him live again. 

Sam Fender

Waiting for The Killers

The Killers were fantastic 






We were also treated to a beautiful sunset -




They sounded amazing too -





It was a fantastic show and topped off my birthday celebrations perfectly. Thank you to everyone who made these few days so special and happy Jubilee Your Majesty.

Love Jen
XxxX


No comments:

Post a Comment

2023 In Music

  Hi guys it's that time of the year! I'm going to waffle away again about the music that I've loved this year 🎼. I've been...