Friday 6 April 2018

30 Seconds To Mars America - My Thoughts

It's heeeeeereee! So I'll confess I was a bit worried at how it would sound, especially after hearing One Track Mind 😐, BUT I actually really like it.

It's not as 'electro' as I thought it would be, Rescue Me's rif sounds a lot like The Fantasy from the Beautiful Lie album. Love Is Madness feat Halsey definitely rocks hard. Lyrically Rider reminds me of Modern Myth (also on Beautiful Lie). The 'oh oh ooohhhs' Live Like A Dream remind me of Search & Destroy from This Is War and I think it'll be a live favourite before long.

Shannon's vocals on Remedy are a revelation, Jared may have to stand aside a little more often!

Yes it's very different to the previous albums but I like that. I don't want a Mars who just re-hash their previous work. If they want to work with a different sound then I'm all for it. Better they develop their music than get bored and walk away!

I'm giving this a 4/5.

Love Jen
XxxxX

No comments:

Post a Comment

2023 In Music

  Hi guys it's that time of the year! I'm going to waffle away again about the music that I've loved this year 🎼. I've been...