Friday 29 September 2017

Autumn Missing In Action

This week I've (OK well my brother of far greater height than I) put up my Autumn leaves & mushrooms bunting that I made a few years back as a concession to Autumn.

Everyone gets excited about Autumn and the new season (I fully admit to pouring over the September editions of Vogue each year) and the start of the run up to Christmas (ugh), the colours, berries etc. But has anyone noticed we seem to have skipped Autumn and gone straight to (warmish) winter? It's rained about 20 of the 29 days of September so far, been damn cold and bloody gloomy. I'm starting to feel justified when I refer to "shitty Autumn".

I feel bad for all the Autumn lovers out there (pretty much everyone I know except me) as September's been such a washout. I never thought last Sunday that I'd need my rain poncho AFTER the airshow (Duxford, v good) to run from the coach round the corner to my house.

There's been no sign of the Autumn colours everyone loves, I guess the leaves are getting washed away before they get a chance to turn. I must admit to feeling peeved that the one year I've nagged Mum and Helen into a trip to Sheffield Park for me to photograph the colours there'll probably only be puddles to be found!

I never thought I'd be the one to declare Autumn MIA!

Love Jen
XxxxX

Ps 32 days 'TILL Halloween 🦇

No comments:

Post a Comment

2023 In Music

  Hi guys it's that time of the year! I'm going to waffle away again about the music that I've loved this year 🎼. I've been...