Tuesday 20 September 2022

France 2022 - Beach Life

 


And now for my final blog of this series (aside from a potential guest blog from Mum ... watch this space) and I thought I'd tell you all about the campsite and beach next to it. 

We stayed at Camping De La Plage and had a spot literally on the beach. 



The first night didn't quite go to plan as a storm lead to us sheltering in the awning eating pizza 😂



Eos absolutely loved her 'beach life' going in the sea to chase her ball several times a day.



The world's cutest sea monster



She had to stay on a long lead the whole time which gave her plenty of opportunities to tie us to our chairs ....

A few more photos for cuteness -




We had our morning cuppas on the beach most days whilst it was still relatively cool. 




We had Dad's traditional camping lights (see my camping blog from earlier this year). 



One of the craziest things I've ever seen happened one evening when we spent hours (no really) watching a lightning storm that was contained in one single cloud. 




We had great views across the bay to St Tropez and each way to St Maxime and Port Grimud's town. 



Port Grimud's harbour

St Tropez

Port Grimud's town centre

The end of St Maxime beach

Busy beach!

Port Grimud by night

We were also lucky enough to have some spectacular sunsets and also a huge Harvest Moon that rose over St Tropez. 













Mum snapping a photo

Utterly stunning



The site had a Jen-friendly cute section when I went to visit their goats and deer!


Off to look for some cuteness








The animals were in the section of the campsite that was across the road (the site is spread across both sides of the road and you can access them through an underpass) which was a little quieter and had a pretty house.



There were also these really pretty flowers, if anyone knows what they are then please let me know as they were lovely. 



Some of Mum and Dad's friends were also in Port Grimud at the same time as us and we spent a couple of evenings at their caravan on the neighbouring site Prairies De La Mer

L-R Mum, Me, Sue and Jools

We used to stay on Prairies when Chris and I were kids and I couldn't believe how much it's changed since we were last there (about 1999/2000 I think). I was insulted that they didn't provide these Egyptian-themed toilets when we were there. They were both the best and worst things I've ever seen 😂




Eos finally had the right place to do her Anubis impression


Mum celebrated her 65th birthday whilst we were away and we had a couple of lovely evenings, a meal at the campsite restaurant and a beach BBQ with her's and Dad's friends.

Selfie ahead of dinner



Mum wore the dress that she bought at St Maxime market (see my previous blog about our trips).





With Mum & Dad's friend Gill

G&T time!

Limoncello tasting

The next day was Mum's actual birthday and we had a beach BBQ complete with birthday cake. 




Here's a final couple of photos -

Nothing says summer holiday like an anklet


Another night at the restaurant


This is Bill who was our camp-mate, I named him after the lizard in Alice In Wonderland

We also had a little mouse I named Roquefort who I didn't manage to photograph so here's his Aristocats namesake

Our final night in Port Grimud

I hope you've enjoyed re-living my holiday with me, I had such a lovely time and it was really fun re-visiting places that played a significant part of my childhood. 

Love Jen
XxxX

PS A guest blog from Mum will follow soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment

2023 In Music

  Hi guys it's that time of the year! I'm going to waffle away again about the music that I've loved this year 🎼. I've been...