Monday 27 May 2024

A much needed return to Glastonbury

 


*Just adding my regular pre-Glastonbury blog disclaimer that I'll be chatting about my witchy practice and I know that's not everyone's jam*

On Saturday I finally made a much-needed return to Glastonbury. It's been a challenging 2024 for my and family and me so far and the opportunity to re-charge for a few hours was much appreciated. 

Looking very awake for 6.15am

Just as with last September's trip the weather was lovely and the sun was shining down on me as I made my way to the Chalice Well







I was able to sit straight down at my favourite spot at the well-head.


Some lovely flowers at the well head



I genuinely believe that I gain a lot of my 'witchy power' from my visits to the well and taking in it's amazing energy. I sat at the head and felt the power gently surround and replenish me. 



I left some rose petals at the statue of the mother and child as a thank you for to the well for it's calming power. 

Wearing my crown from my lovely friend Crystal


I wandered down through the gardens listening to the birds singing and watching the bees and butterflies flitting around.




Looking down to the 'paddling pool'



With the tree canopy the waterfall and paddling area feels like a grotto. 



A frozen foot & Chalice Well tattoo after braving the pool


The bottom of the well is a garden-type area where I like to sit on the grass and cleanse and charge my tools and tarot cards.






My crown taking a splash -


My tools drying in the sun

All too soon I had to leave the sanctuary of the well and head back into the town to visit the other places that I love.

Glastonbury really does have the most colourful high street!



My kind of shop



Last time I was there I found a nice cafe called Coffee Zero and I was delighted to find they were serving rainbow cake! 


The irony of my gothy self eating a rainbow cake is not lost on me ...

Nice and refreshed I headed to the shops to peruse books and stock up on spell and ritual supplies. I also treated myself to this lovely Chalice Well ring for my birthday next week.



Whilst I was waiting to get back on the coach home I found this lovely post box and peered over the wall of the Abbey.




Here are some of the goodies I picked up on my trip -

This lovely necklace

Some crystals (Pyrite and Blue Obsidian) -


The obligatory Goddess Temple Candle

I also stocked up on Starchild's colourful candles (I love putting the red & black ones on my Halloween altar)





The candles sitting pretty on my altar

I definitely want to try and stay in Glastonbury for a couple of days at some point so I can spend more time at the well, visit the White Spring for the first time and have a proper leisurely browse of the bookshops.

I might even try and tackle the Tor 😂

Love Jen
XxxX

No comments:

Post a Comment

Duxford Battle Of Britain Airshow Review

  On Saturday I went to my final airshow of the year  Duxford's  famous Battle Of Britain airshow and I have to say it was probably the ...